2021 Honda Rubicon 520
2021 Honda Rubicon 520 ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN FEATURES
- Efficient, durable engine design: Powerful liquid-cooled 518 cc engine is longitudinally mounted, allowing direct driveshaft alignment to both the front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency. Liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power output and long engine life. Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband. Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counter-balancer reduce vibration.
- Easy and efficient: Convenient electric starting, with an automatic internal-decompression system, gets you going quickly and easily. Also equipped with a recoil starter as back-up. Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) improves power delivery and throttle response, and increases fuel efficiency for extended range.
- Integrated Electric Reverse Shift Lever: The integrated electric reverse shift lever allows you to select reverse without ever taking your hand off the handlebars. Even, you can by-pass Neutral; D to R which is ideal for plowing or tight maneuvering areas.
- Quiet operation: A sub-chamber in the air cleaner reduces resonant noise for quieter operation. Stainless-steel exhaust system includes a USDA-qualified spark arrester/muffler designed for quiet operation and long-lasting performance.
- Powerful output: High output 470 watt alternator has extra capacity to help power electrical accessories and to keep personal electronics charged.
- Tackle any terrain: 2WD/4WD system offers three drive modes: 2WD; 4WD with torque-sensing front differential; and 4WD with locked front differential to optimize traction. The system also features a Speed Override mode that can be engaged when the front differential is locked to allow increased wheel speed under severe conditions, such as deep mud. 2021 Honda Rubicon 520 FOR SALE
Honda Rubicon 520 : CHASSIS & SUSPENSION FEATURES
- Strong and lightweight: Durable double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering is sturdy and lightweight for precise handling and a smoother ride.
- Independent Rear Suspension, excellent handling: Double A-arm independent front suspension provides 185 mm (7.3 in.) of well-controlled travel, providing a sense of security and control over difficult terrain. Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) design with lower A-arm and upper I-arm features optimized stiffness for improved handling performance, and an ample 215 mm (8.5 in.) of travel. Durable wrap-around guards protect the rear suspension’s lower A-arms when rock crawling. Adjustable spring preload on all shocks allows suspension to be tuned to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- Durable comfort: Aggressively styled Maxxis tires provide excellent comfort and traction. Plastic CV joint boots on the front driveshafts are tough and tear-resistant with sealed steering-knuckle bearings for extended durability.
- Strong stopping power: Dual front hydraulic disc brakes with large 190 mm rotors provide strong stopping power. The brake calipers feature a built-in scraper system that removes mud and snow from inside the front wheel to help prevent build-up of debris between caliper and rim for consistent braking performance. Inboard rear disc brake is mounted on the rear driveshaft, reducing unsprung weight and keeping the disc out of harm’s way in rugged conditions.
- Proven power steering: This latest iteration of Honda’s proven Electric Power Steering System (EPS) features even lighter steering effort and reduced kickback for enhanced comfort while maintaining a strong feeling of control.
- Bold bodywork: All-steel full-sized front bumper wraps around the headlights, improving protection and adding to the Rubicon’s aggressive appearance. The bumper also features an integrated mount for an accessory winch. Bold bodywork offers excellent mud and debris protection.
- Strong visibility: Twin-headlight system features 35-watt headlights with focused light distribution for improved visibility after dark. The headlight dimmer switch makes it easy to change between high and low beams to activate the top assist 50-watt light for more illumination when you need it or allowing it to be turned off while carrying a load on the front carrier.
- Automotive technology: The fuel pump derived from Honda automobile technology is mounted in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and increased filter life.
- Information at a glance: Full-function instrumentation gives the dash a modern look while providing information at a glance. The display includes speed, odometer, trip meter, fuel gauge, coolant temperature, clock, gear position indicator, 4WD indicator and even a Maintenance Minder system that notifies when it’s time for service.
- All-day comfort: Substantially larger and thicker than the seats found on more utility focused models, the Rubicon’s seats provide all-day comfort. Textured seat cover is cooler on hot days and provides a more secure feeling, especially against synthetic riding-gear materials. Half-waffle-style hand grips similar to those found on Honda’s off-road motorcycles offer improved comfort while maintaining a secure hold in wet or muddy conditions.
- Pro-Connect™ Rack System. Excellent Load and Towing Capacity: Pro-Connect™ Rack System for accessories. Mount accessories directly and quickly to the rear or front rack of your Rubicon using easy Pro-Connect™ Rack System (no tools required). Our purpose-built line of Pro-Connect™ accessories helps to keep your gear in place and more secure wherever you place your items on the rack while maximizing storage. Front and rear steel-tube carriers feature large steel plates and additional tie-down points for improved load security. Load capacity for the large front and rear carriers is 45 kg (99 lb.) and 85 kg (187 lb.) respectively.
- Powerful towing: Heavy-duty trailer hitch with 600 kg (1,322 lb.) towing capacity.
- Multi-functional: A host of optional accessories allow you to tailor your 2021 Honda Rubicon 520 to your needs.
ENGINE & DRIVETRAIN
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled longitudinally mounted single-cylinder
- Displacement: 518 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 96.0 mm x 71.5 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Valve Train: OHV, 2 valves
- Fuel Delivery: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Transmission: Five-speed with automatic clutch, reverse and ultra-low first gear
- Power Steering: Standard, Electric Power Steering
- Final Drive: 2WD/4WD; direct front and rear driveshafts with switchable 2WD/4WD and torque-sensing/locking front differential. ORDER 2021 Honda Rubicon 520
CHASSIS & SUSPENSION
- Front Suspension: Independent Double A-arm with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 185 mm (7.3 in.) travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent Dual Arm (lower A-arm, upper I-arm) with adjustable hydraulic shocks; 215 mm (8.5 in.) travel
- Tires: Front: 25 x 8-12 Rear: 25 x 10-12
- Brakes: Front: dual 190 mm discs Rear: 170 mm disc
- Length: 2,185 mm (86.0 in.)
- Width: 1,205 mm (47.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 250 mm (9.8 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1,294 mm (50.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 318 kg (701 lb.) including required fluids and full tank of gas – ready to ride
- Fuel Capacity: 14.7 litres, including 4.9-litre reserve
- Cargo Capacity: Front rack: 45 kg (99 lb.) Rear rack: 85 kg (187 lb.)
- Towing Capacity: 600 kg (1,322 lb.)
- Colour: Mat Lichen Green Metallic
- Warranty: 12 months, unlimited mileage, freely transferable warranty; extended coverage available with 2021 Honda Rubicon 520